Today I want to share some good, good reading!
In January there are always great lists to get your new year off to a great start- Top Inspirational Movies, workout programs, etc.
I thought it would be fun to share our top 7 picks for books to read to get inspired and make SOMETHING happen RIGHT NOW. It could be the beginning of a new year or lazy days of summer. Each of these books will get you fired up to start something new, shape a kickass plan, or make some kind of magic happen.
- You’re a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero
- I LOOOOOVEEE this book
- I recommend it to all the small biz owners in my life and freelancers, etc.
- It is SO fascinating and practical and FUN! A really good, easy read
- What i love especially is how Jen gives you not only the tools to make that money that seems beyond your reach, but also the PERMISSION. I think a lof of us, especially women, feel uneasy when it comes to money, wealth and getting paid what you deserver. So giving yourself that permission to OWN those things is super empowering.
- Definitely my #1 pic
- The Attention Merchants: The Epic Scramble to Get Inside Our Heads by Tim Wu
- I haven’t read this yet, it’s next on my list, but it was recommended to me by our founder and CEO Roy.
- I’ve been in advertising and marketing for years and I think a lot of people villify the industry or look at it negatively - like UGH! More commercials, ads, leave me alone!
- But every new medium from radio to TV to now Insta has attained commercial viability and success by turning itself into an advertising platform.
- This book is about this new reality we live in and I can’t wait to get at it.
- Who Moved My Cheese? By Spencer Johnson, M.D.
- This story takes less than an hour to read but it reveals profound truths
- Its about four characters who live in a maze to nourish them and make them happy
- Cheese is a metaphor for what you want to have in life- whether its a good job, loving relationship, money or possessions, health or spiritual peace of mind.
- And the maze is where you look for what you want- the organization you work in, family or community you live in.
- It’ll show you how to anticipate change, adapt to change easily, enjoy change and be ready to change quickly again and again
- Check it out! An hour of your time for all of that!
- Need help establishing your top priorities each day? Check out the Game Changer. A notebook specifically designed for entrepreneurs.
- Ask and It is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires by Esther and Jerry Hicks
- I’m going to get a little meta on you now
- This pick may not be for everyone, but if you believe in holistic teachings and energy and spirituality, you’ll love it. Maybe you already even are familiar with it and or Esther and Jerry Hicks. They’re #1 New York Times best selling authors and have been producing related materials since 1986.
- This book will show you your relationships, health issues, finances, career, etc are influenced by the Universal Laws that govern your time-space reality and teach you how to go with the positive flow of life.
- OMG Loovveee IT!
- Tiny Habits by B.J. Fogg, PhD
- Attention is how we spend time, and this book talks about how you manage it. It’s all about making small changes that change everything.
- It also gives really interesting insight into what captures our attention.
- We’re actually using this book right now as a foundation for a group we’re leading in setting their 2020 goals.
Indistractable by Nir
A guide to balancing technology and well being. We’ve been talking a lot lately about attention and how impactful it is in your life.
Roy Lamphier, our Founder/CEO was on the editorial team and worked with Nir to develop some of the exercises in the book.
He'll send you a signed copy if you reach out to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Power of Moments by Chip Heath & Dan Heath
This book delves into the fascinating mysteries of experience and why certain ones have more impact. Why we tend to remember the best or worst moment of an experience.
It has really cool ideas about how if you were a manager and knew how to create an experience that would delight customers or how to create memories that matter for your children.
Leslie Youngblood is the Creative Director for Excelerate America, the fun, smart service for small businesses. What books would you add to the list? Tell Leslie about it by emailing her at email@example.com.